How can facility managers make the best choice when it comes to bollard selection?. In this guide to Guide to Bollard Types, we will explore the different types of bollards offered by Xpanda and their specific uses, providing you with valuable insights to make informed decisions for your security needs.
How do I choose the Best Bollard Solution? Key Factors to Consider
- Security Requirements: Assess threats and decide the qualities required for high-impact resistance, anti-ram capabilities, or visual deterrence.
- Location and Environment: Consider environmental conditions
- Compliance and Regulations: Learn about local codes and guidelines to ensure your bollard option satisfies all requirements.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Consider using removable bollards to manage access control and traffic flow.
- Aesthetics and Integration: Select bollards that complement the architectural style of the facility, with configurable or decorative alternatives if required.
- Budget Considerations: Set a budget for procurement, installation, and maintenance that balances quality and affordability.
- Expert Advice and Supplier Reputation: Seek guidance from reputable companies who specialise in bollard solutions. Contact Xpanda now to discuss your facility’s specific requirements and assure the highest level of safety and security.
Types of Bollards
- Fixed Bollards
These bollards are permanently planted in the ground and serve as a formidable deterrent against vehicle encroachment. They are appropriate for areas that require a consistent physical presence, such as pedestrian zones, stores, and sensitive facilities. These fixed bollards’ strong structure offers maximum resistance against impact and tampering, effectively deterring possible threats.
To establish obvious borders, strategically place fixed bollards at major entry points and surrounding regions. To dissuade unauthorised cars and maintain pedestrian safety, consider putting high-visibility fixed bollards near pedestrian entrances, storefronts, and sensitive areas. You can also create a designated drop-off zone by putting fixed bollards in strategic spots, promoting organised traffic flow and increasing security.
Xpanda’s galvanised steel fixed bollards and stainless steel fixed bollards are tough solutions for long-term and high-security applications.
- Removable Bollards
These bollards offer the same level of security as fixed bollards, but with the added benefit of being simple to unlock and remove when necessary. Removable bollards are very beneficial in situations where vehicle access is required only on occasion, such as loading docks or emergency vehicle entrance points. They provide a versatile solution that combines security and convenience, allowing authorised access while restricting vehicle entry.
Install removable bollards in regions where vehicle access is required on occasion, especially near loading docks, double doorways, and other sites that require temporary access. This enables you to tailor your security measures to individual events or operational needs.
For situations where flexibility is essential, we offer the highest quality removable bollards.
- Bolt Down Bollards
Bolt-down bollards are a versatile and simple security option. Regardless of concerns regarding stability and installation, these bollards are designed to endure force and provide dependable protection. They can be deployed without causing severe harm to existing infrastructure and in many cases are the only option. Nowadays we are often putting them inside a shop front as respective councils will not allow anything outside.
Bolt-down bollards are highly versatile, allowing for quick removal or reconfiguration as security requirements change. They are a cost-effective choice for maintaining a secure environment due to their endurance and adaptability.
These bollards have no environmental impact.
Galvanised Or Stainless Steel Bollards?
Understanding the differences between galvanised and stainless steel alternatives is critical when choosing bollards for your site. Both materials have significant advantages, and understanding their differences will help you make an informed decision. The decision between galvanised and stainless steel bollards is ultimately determined by the needs of your site.
- Galvanised steel bollards are the strongest optoin as they are a thicker material. Coated with a layer of zinc to protect against corrosion. This technique, known as galvanization, results in a long-lasting and cost-effective solution. Galvanised bollards are known for their strength and weather resilience, making them ideal for a variety of outdoor applications. They are frequently used in locations with moderate environmental exposure and where cost is a factor.
- Stainless steel bollards are naturally corrosion resistant due to their chromium content. Even in severe and corrosive situations, this material provides outstanding endurance. Stainless steel bollards look sleek and sophisticated, making them an excellent choice for architectural contexts. They are widely employed in coastal areas, industrial facilities, and areas with high aesthetic demands.
In more demanding situations, galvanised bollards provide stronger yet more cost-effective protection.
Stainless steel bollards, on the other hand, offer an attractive appearance if your facility requires a more visually pleasing option or is exposed to corrosive elements. In terms of durability and corrosion resistance, stainless steel bollards are unparalleled. These bollards are sleek and are able to endure harsh weather conditions.
They are ideal for coastal areas, and modern architectural situations where durability and corrosion resistance are critical, providing long-lasting protection while being aesthetically beautiful. By putting these bollards in outdoor spaces, parking areas, or near waterfronts, you may protect your property from environmental hazards while improving overall security and visual attractiveness.
It is important to invest in the correct type of bollards to ensure safety and avoid any threats on your property. Understanding the various applications and benefits of each bollard type allows you to make an informed decision that meets your security needs.
Contact us today and take the first step towards improving your security measures
When it comes to securing your property, Xpanda’s bollards offer extremely effective security solutions that are tailored to the New Zealand surroundings. Whether you need fixed bollards for permanence, removable bollards for flexibility, or bolt down bollards for ease, Xpanda has you covered.